The FITEL S179 Hand-Held, Core Alignment Fusion Splicer offers powerful performance, delivering fast and reliable optical fiber splicing even under harsh environmental conditions. By combining speed, precision, durability, portability and state-of-the-art communication methods in one unit, this fusion splicing machine opens the door to an entirely new range of applications. The FITEL S179 Fusion Splicer is highly effective for use in data centers, longhaul operations, Metro, LAN, and FTTx fiber, including ultra bend-insensitive fibers as well as large area effective fibers.
Designed with users in mind, the FITEL S179 Fusion Splicer delivers rapid splicing and heating ability with consistent results, splice after splice. A large-capacity battery system helps save time by allowing 200 splicing cycles (splicing/heating) in one charge.1 While a 4.3-inch wide LCD screen with touch panel offers easy and intuitive operation, a proportionately wide splicing chamber makes optical fiber easy to load. For improved visibility in low-light conditions, 3+1 LED lights illuminate the entire splicing chamber. A detachable, left-side V-groove makes cleaning and maintenance a breeze.
The S179 Fusion Splicer is also designed to meet the rigors of use in the field. While a substantially lower profile and lighter weight enhance portability, this splicer’s canopy design and ruggedized body provide resistance to shock, water and dust exposure. A powerful, high propulsion motor (8N) helps ensure stable splicing for the most rigid indoor and drop cables. Internal battery charging, embedded Near Field Communication (NFC) and Smartphone readiness combine with other features to make the S179 one of the most powerful and user-friendly fusion splicing machines available today.
Features and Benefits:
• Exceptional performance for fast and consistent fiber splicing
• Enhanced ease of use and portability
• High-speed splicing and heating
• Ruggedized body design
• Easy, intuitive operation
• Compatible with Splice-On-Connectors (SOC)
• State-of-the-art communicationmethods
• Quick and easy maintenance
• Touch Screen: 4.3-inch wide LCD screen
• Illumination lamp: 3 upper + 1 lower LED
• Detachable V-groove: Easy maintenance and lens cleaning
• NFC: Lock and unlock splicer via smartphone (only for Android phone ver. 4.1 or after)
• WiFi Networking: Communication between splicer and smartphone
• High speed: 6 sec of splicing time and 9 sec of heating time
- FITEL S179 Fusion Splicer, Hard Carrying Case, Spare Electrodes (pair), AC Adaptor, Instruction Manual Quick Reference Guide, AC Cable Cord, Electrode Sharpener, Cleaning Brush, Battery Pack, Tool Case.